Back to school with the LG Health Hub
It’s back-to-school time and Lancaster General Health has an online resource to help your family get off to a great start. The LG Health Hub is filled with health and wellness tips for preschoolers through college students—and the parents who are behind them every step of the way.
LG Health doctors, dietitians, physical therapists and other experts offer practical advice on everything from picking the right backpack and packing healthy lunches to creating an asthma action plan, recognizing if your child is being bullied, and staving off the “freshman 15.”
Your one-stop guide to healthy living
With the LG Health Hub, you’re linked in to good health.
- Bookmark the Pediatrics section for advice on ADHD, cold and flu, poison ivy, vaccines, and other information you’re likely to need throughout the year.
- The site’s signature good ‘n healthy recipes provide good ‘n easy ways to prepare healthy after-school snacks, salads and desserts, and transform hearty classics into heart-healthy options the whole family will enjoy.
- Check out Family Health for tips on preventive care and exercise.
- Do you know your risk for heart disease, cancer and diabetes? Risk assessments can reveal important information to share with your doctor and help map a course to a healthier future.
- In the Women’s Health section, you’ll learn how to manage menopause, understand the risks osteoporosis, and schedule important screening tests.
- Men: find out how to beat the “dad bod” and tennis elbow in Men’s Health.
- Looking for information on specific conditions? Check out comprehensive sections on Cancer, Diabetes, Heart, and Bone, Muscle & Joint Health.
Local patients sharing their journeys
Finally, nothing is more inspirational than learning about the health journeys of others. The LG Health Hub is filled with stories of local individuals and families overcoming challenges to live life to the fullest.