8 Ways Summer School Can Change Your Life
Stay ahead of the curve! At Cardinal Stritch University, you can earn credits towards your degree, save money on tuition, reduce your time to graduate, explore a new area of interest, and even transfer credits to your university of choice by studying on campus or online this summer. Here are just 8 of the many reasons why to take summer school classes:
1. You’ll be able to catch up or move ahead in your curriculum. Take advantage of your summer by making sure you finish your degree on time or even ahead of schedule. It will save you money on tuition, allow you to enter the workforce early to pay back your loans, and generally open up your schedule for more dynamic possibilities.
2. You’ll be able to take advantage of interesting opportunities. If you take summer courses and free up your class load in fall or spring, you’ll be able to expand your academic and career repertoire through things like internships, research, clinical practicums, or even a cool job, all during the traditional academic year when they’re generally less competitive to achieve.
3. You’ll be able to get into high-demand classes. Those same courses that were full in the fall or spring, especially the prerequisites, are also commonly offered over the summer and they’re less competitive to get into then.
4. You’ll save money on the difference in tuition cost. At Cardinal Stritch University, the cost for some courses is as low as $495 per credit over the summer compared to the fall and spring, when prices range from $550 to $880 per credit. Plus, if you take your classes online, you’ll also save money on room and board, and you’ll still have enough time for that summer job to boot!
5. You’ll enjoy smaller class sizes. Due to lower enrollment numbers, summer classes are smaller compared to during the traditional academic year. You’ll enjoy more face-time with professors, and the more intimate learning environment and access to extra office hours promises to help you accelerate in class and your studies.
6. You’ll find more online courses available. You can take advantage of online classes that increase your freedom and flexibility, and allow you to still enjoy the best parts of summer, including vacations and side jobs.
7. You’ll earn the same credit in less time. At Cardinal Stritch University, you acquire the same credits for summer courses, but do so in fewer total hours compared to the same courses in the fall and spring.
8. You’ll improve your GPA. By earning good grades in those classes in which you didn’t excel originally or in additional elective courses, you’ll boost your overall grade point average. If you’re still a high school student, you can also use the opportunity to complement your high school GPA, demonstrate your enthusiasm for a particular subject, and bolster your college applications.