7 Ways Highmark is Changing the Health Insurance Experience
There’s finally an end to the endless merry-go-round of phone calls you’ve endured for years with your health insurance provider. It’s called Highmark Direct.
Highmark Direct Health Insurance Stores offer a place where you can access face-to-face, personalized, one-on-one sessions with experts who will help you navigate the ins and outs of the health insurance market. With locations across Pennsylvania, your local Highmark Direct will help you compare, choose, and enroll in health insurance plans; learn the answers to all your health insurance questions; pay your monthly insurance premium; complete tasks such as scheduling medical appointments and transferring medical records; and attend seminars to learn about Medicare or healthy living, among other things.
At Highmark Direct stores, staff aim to simplify your health in all ways. For everyone from young adults transitioning off of their parents’ policy to 100-year-old members changing their Medicare plans in open enrollment, Highmark personnel take great pride in going beyond making sure you’re covered when you need doctors or the hospital.
To find out more about the services at Highmark Direct, read on.
- Personalized care in which you’ll find the Right Fit Guaranteed and become plan savvy on your benefits. In one-on-one meetings, staff will answer your policy and benefits questions and provide money-saving tips to minimize your out-of-pocket expenses.
- Individualized assistance with your everyday health care management. They’ll help you manage your care, from medication issues to disease management to at-home care, plus tasks such as scheduling medical appointments, submitting claims, transferring medical records, paying monthly premiums, and addressing billing issues.
- Pressure-free shopping that lets you explore, compare, and enroll in options, if you need or choose to do so. Whether you’ve lost insurance coverage, want to expand from an individual to a family plan, are moving and need to switch policies, or are aging into Medicare, Highmark Direct will walk you through the differences between plans and find the best one for your needs and budget and future plans.
- Free health assessments, programs, and seminars in which you’ll improve your health and well-being. Throughout the year, Highmark Direct hosts free programs and seminars to help you live healthier and manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. You’ll also get free health assessments at the health-evaluation area of your local store to check your weight, body mass index (BMI), and blood pressure, and you’ll receive a printout of your personal information with tips for improving your health.
- Convenient store locations across Pennsylvania in commercial districts where you routinely shop. Most stores have evening and Saturday hours. See store locations for hours and more information.
- Direct phone line and translation services in which you’ll gain immediate access to an on-call Highmark representative. Occasionally, you may stop in without an appointment and find that store associates are helping other customers. Their store concierge can set you up with a direct line that provides immediate access to an on-call Highmark representative, including translation services in many spoken languages, if needed. (They also have sign language interpreters who can meet with you at the store.) You’ll never be placed on hold!
- Customer kiosks in which you can use their computers and free Wi-Fi to log in to your Highmark member account, evaluate plan options, find a provider, and complete other health care tasks.
Whether you’re an existing Highmark member or shopping for a new health insurance plan, the staff at the Highmark Direct health insurance stores are there to help. For a personalized session with an expert, make an appointment at one of their convenient Pennsylvania store locations or simply drop in.
Highmark Choice Company, Highmark Senior Health Company, and Highmark Senior Solutions Company are Medicare Advantage plans with a Medicare contract. HM Health Insurance Company is a PDP plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Highmark Choice Company, Highmark Senior Health Company, Highmark Senior Solutions Company, and HM Health Insurance Company depends on contract renewal. Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Highmark Choice Company, Highmark Senior Health Company, Highmark Senior Solutions Company, and HM Health Insurance Company are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.