8 Ways Medicap Pharmacy will Make a Difference for You
A new kind of pharmacy has arrived. Medicap Pharmacy in Urbandale, Iowa dedicates itself to the wellbeing of the community by providing quality, personalized care; and has grown into the “go to” place for issues with prescription information. From medication synchronization to medication therapy management (MTM) to compounding to multi-dose packaging, Medicap helps patients take their medication consistently so they enjoy a immediate, better health outcomes; improved quality of life; and more affordable healthcare costs.
“As a caregiver it feels good not stressing about my mother’s medication intake. Medicap Pharmacy’s programs have help give her independence and confidence, which is live changing in itself.” – TJ Roetmen
“We focus on each patient’s personal experience, paying close attention to how they respond to their medication, so they feel better more quickly,” said Medicap pharmacist John Forbes, RHp., a Drake University graduate who takes pride in his 38 years of pharmacy experience.
“Our patients walk out feeling valued. They know they’re getting the best healthcare options as we work one on one with their physicians to solve their medication problems, and to give them a better quality of life,” said Forbes.
To find out more, read the below on the 8 ways Medicap sets itself apart.
- There’s medication synchronization so you can grab all your monthly prescription refills in one trip, and on a day of the week that best works for you. It means greater convenience, efficiency and as a result, more time in your life, plus an easier way for you to stay on top of your medication regimen.
- There’s multi-dose and Dispill packaging. Medicap will coordinate all of your medications, including over-the-counter vitamins and dietary supplements, grouping your doses for each time/day into individual packets. Every packet is easy to open, and clearly labeled with what they’re holding and when they should be taken. It’s a safer, easier, time-saving solution for you to stay on top of your medication.
- There’s medication review (medication therapy management).Your Medicap pharmacist will analyze your current medication schedule, and whether your medications work best for your lifestyle and your body chemistry. Medicap will also look for potential concerns such as therapy duplications or drug interactions, search for lower cost alternatives to your current regimen, and of course, answer all of your questions. You’ll leave Medicap with an updated medication list and a personalized action plan so you can achieve the best results. Many healthcare plans including Medicare and Medicaid cover medication therapy management. It’s especially helpful for those who take multiple medications, and those who suffer from chronic conditions such as diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure.
- There’s compounding; Medicap, a compounding pharmacy, will customize your medications for you. For example, if you’re allergic to a preservative or a dye in a prescription, they will remove that inactive ingredient from your prescription. If your kid can’t swallow pills, Medicap will make a liquid form option. If you take hormone replacement therapy (HRT), the pharmacist might find that your body reacts better to bioidentical hormone therapy. Medicap focuses on creating the best treatment options for each of its patients.
- There’s free delivery. For patients who live within 10 miles of the pharmacy, Medicap offers free delivery on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to those who need to refill their medications, but may not have the means to travel to the pharmacy.
- There’s free expert advice on prescription coverage. Medicap staff handles health insurances (including Medicare and Medicaid) and their paperwork every day, and they’ll help you make informed decisions about the best prescription drug coverage for you. They’ll also explain insurance terms in everyday language, and discuss how different plans will affect your preferred pharmacy options.
- There’s free health screenings. Medicap offers free health screenings and evaluations. It also provides info sessions and clinics that teach how to maintain and enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle, and other health topics.
- There’s immunizations. Medicap provides a convenient way for you to protect yourself and your family against disease with CDC-recommended immunizations including influenza, shingles, and pneumonia. It can also help your children with their required vaccines for school.
Serving Urbandale since 1977, Medicap strives to increase patients’ quality of life, save money, and make patients feel better. As the staff says, “Think of us as your community healthcare destination.”